About ASCIA allergic rhinitis e-training for pharmacists
This course has been developed by the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) to provide ready access to reliable education throughout Australia and New Zealand at no charge.
Development of this course has included an extensive review process involving ASCIA members and other relevant health professionals.
- A username and password must be obtained from the registration process to participate in a course.
- The course comprises 5 modules that should ideally be completed in order.
- Modules 1-4 have evaluations that allow you to monitor your understanding.
- The overall course assessment and certificate is provided in Module 5 where final assessment is undertaken for Modules 1-4.
- You can undertake this course at your own pace.
- For each module the program remembers the last screen access* so that when you re-enter the module you will go straight to where you left off previously, but only if you use the Quit button on exiting.
- To obtain a Certificate of Completion for the course a result of 80% or higher is required for the final assessment in Module 5. If this result is not obtained on the first attempt, you may reattempt the assessment after reviewing the course content.
- When the Certificate of Completion screen appears you should print (or print to a file such as PDF) and on the paper copy sign for your own record.
*Loss of Internet connection may disrupt this process.
ASCIA allergic rhinitis e-training or pharmacists
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify clinical features of allergic rhinitis and possible co-existent conditions.
- Identify tests and therapies not recommended for allergic rhinitis.
- Identify appropriate pharmacotherapy options for allergic rhinitis.
- Teach patients how to use allergic rhinitis medications correctly to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Identify the role of pharmacists in the management of allergic rhinitis.
- Identify when a patient should be referred to a medical practitioner.